Independent Living Eco Properties
“The award winning Waterside development of retirement homes consists of 35 carbon neutral bungalows and one ground floor apartment.”
The Waterside properties offer high specification, spacious, zero-carbon accommodation in a spectacular setting, with a range of flexible options to suit the individual.
The bungalows offer flexible room layouts with a minimum of two bedrooms and additional space for further bedrooms and/or sitting room or study. All are light and spacious and have a patio area and either a garage or parking alongside.
The Waterside is set in a beautiful, leafy glade within the grounds of Middleton Hall Retirement Village. The properties offer the security and enjoyment of living within the retirement village community.
Prices start from £365,000 for a smaller dormer bungalow without a garage, £399,000 with a garage, rising to £495,000 for a large dormer bungalow with a garage. (Event fees apply, see the Key Facts document for more information.)What are the main benefits of living in a property at The Waterside?
- Very low energy costs due to carbon neutral design. Photo-voltaic panels will help provide domestic hot water and generate electricity. A wood burning stove will provide additional heating and hot water.
- Flexible room layout with 2-4 bedrooms/study and two bathrooms (one en-suite)
- Enhanced security with an emergency call system, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and a security alarm. CCTV covering the whole site.
- Tranquil environment and effective sound insulation through triple glazing
- Private, high specification homes with like-minded neighbours
- Integral part of the Middleton Hall community with all the facilities, events and activities that this offers
- Regular social opportunities for residents just of The Waterside and from other areas of Middleton Hall
- Assurance of help if desired – housekeeping, Lavender Girls, gardening, house maintenance, meal delivery.
- Peaceful, beautiful surroundings. The Waterside is set in 45 acres of parkland and properties overlook a large pond, wetland area, village green area and butterfly garden.
Best move I ever made! Resident of The Waterside, September 2017
Two years ago, we did not know anyone that is here today! Where else would we have made so many new friends?
Residents of The Waterside at a celebration event, September 2017
I often say that every day I’m here, I feel happier – Resident of The Waterside, 2016