Interested in a career as a Support Worker?
We’re looking to recruit 3 x Support Workers to our Small Group Living Service – often those who enjoy this kind of lifestyle live with the onset of dementia.
These are permanent positions offering up to 29 hours per week.
You will be flexible to work a combination of morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts, operating on a rota basis.
You will support and encourage our residents each and every day
Who are we?
- Employee owned & multi award-winning Retirement Village set in the beautiful parkland and gardens of the Middleton Hall estate
- A group of like-minded individuals, sharing the same core values to support our residents to live their best life
What does being a Support Worker involve?
- Support residents with dementia and other complex care needs, offering person centred care and support
- Build good working relationships with families/friends so that the resident remains at the centre of all decisions
- Encourage residents to be an active part of the daily running of the household including housekeeping tasks, cooking and cleaning
- Support residents to take part in food preparation, serving or clearing away to encourage a family style atmosphere
- Sit with residents at mealtimes to offer prompts/supports and enrich the mealtime experience
- Ensure the cleaning of bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and lounges are undertaken to ensure a clean and tidy household
- Assisting residents with all aspects of personal care, mobility & movement, promoting independence at all times & following policy and guidelines
- We constantly monitor and record resident care using our electronic care planning system, which is personalised for each resident
- Escort residents to hospital and other appointments as required
- The ability to work as a member of the team is essential and we offer full training and support in each care role
- Promoting and living our values and helping our residents achieve their life goals
- Hard work! But you will truly make a difference (and have lots of fun too) in such a rewarding environment
Would I be right for the role?
- Are you patient, kind, caring & compassionate?
- Do you already have experience within the health and social care industry or just a strong desire to come join us and make a difference to the lives of others (we can teach you the skills!)
- A good communicator, keen to share new ideas with the rest of the team?
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills?
- Able and willing to take on additional responsibilities in the long term?
- Flexible and able to work in a challenging yet hugely rewarding environment?
If you can answer yes, then we want to hear from you. Whether you have or haven’t worked in care previously we recruit on values. So we will work with you to train and develop the skills required.
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.