SMALL GROUP LIVING
“A home from home where people, with support, can live as independently as possible”
Middleton Oaks is an innovative facility, developed for people who wish to lead as independent a life as possible but who need a high level of practical, nurturing support. Often those who enjoy this kind of lifestyle live with the onset of dementia.
The two ‘households’ within Middleton Oaks – Acorn House and Catkin House, are purpose-built and of an extremely high design standard. Each is perfectly suited to provide a home for eight people. The households are linked by the beautiful indoor Winter Garden, a communal space to be enjoyed by residents, families and staff members.
Each resident has their own comfortable and spacious en-suite room and they share a kitchen, dining room and lounge. A homely, familiar environment where they can participate is conducive to a feeling of well-being.
Our experience of this kind of ‘small group living’ mirrors research that clearly shows that many people thrive when they are given the right support. They can continue to enjoy carrying out everyday tasks such as meal preparation, washing up, housework and gardening.
Staff in Middleton Oaks are highly trained and experienced in focusing on what people can still do rather than what they can no longer do.
To view the terms of a stay at Middleton Hall please see a copy of our contract.What are the main benefits of living in a room at Middleton Oaks?
- Beautiful, spacious rooms that people can make homely and familiar with their own furniture if they wish
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms and French windows to a patio
- Professionally qualified staff with training for and experience with people who have dementia
- High staff to resident ratios with person-centred care tailored to each resident so that they retain a high level of choice and decision making
- Residents and staff prepare meals and eat together
- All dietary requirements and preferences are happily satisfied whenever possible
- Residents are supported in carrying out other day-to-day tasks as they wish, such as laundry and gardening
- Use of Middleton Spa is encouraged, including supervised and assisted sessions in the gym and pool
- ‘Living Well’ activities are enjoyed throughout the week such as;
- Regular trips in the minibuses are offered to local attractions
- As well as the beautiful communal grounds, residents, families and friends enjoy spending time in the indoor Winter Garden at Middleton Oaks
- Visitors are welcome at all times
To keep up to date or for further information on Middleton Oaks or to make an appointment to view please contact us or call Caroline Soullier on 01325 332 207.
“Thank you very much for keeping us informed. It’s a big help. You seem to be as well prepared as you can be and a lot better than in some homes.
We would like to say a big thank you on behalf of the family. It is good to know that Mum is in such safe hands, though she may not show her appreciation!
Take care and stay safe and thank you,”
Family member, April 2020
“Many thanks for all your hard work and forward planning. I am reassured that my mother couldn’t be in a safer or more comfortable place – a great comfort when I wake up worrying in the night! Very best wishes”
Family member, April 2020
”Thank you hardly expresses my feelings. I spent most of every day of the last month with [my wife] and saw the genuine loving care the staff gave her. It was as if she was one of their own family from the way they spoke to her and gently moved her … she knew them all and it was a great comfort to her. They cared for me with equal concern.”Relative of a Resident of Middleton Oaks – August 2018
”My mother has been a resident of the small (8 people) family unit for the past 4 years. In that time, the dedicated team of carers has patiently dealt with all the changes, never has she been distressed, she is content and they understand her moods and needs probably better than we do now.
Their motto is living well with dementia and they certainly do that. The staff in the unit are truly dedicated to their happiness and well-being at all times.”Relative of a Resident of Middleton Oaks – 2017
“Without exception, the staff at Middleton Hall are outstanding. They took care of my dad […] and now they are taking care of my mum as she progresses with dementia. Their focus is her wellbeing and happiness. I am eternally grateful that she is in the care of the exceptional staff at Middleton Hall, which is an exceptional facility with superb services and amenities.”Relative of Resident of Middleton Oaks – 2017
“The care profiles focus on the person’s wishes, needs and preferences, rather than their sole care needs. You are able to find out about the person and their likes, not just the help they need or how it should be carried out.”Deputy Manager, Middleton Oaks – 2017