Middleton Hall is an award-winning retirement village, rated CQC Outstanding. Winner of Skills for Care Accolade award 2018 and has the prestigious Platinum award for Investors in People.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced RGN to join our existing Nursing Team at Middleton Hall Retirement Village. Previous experience of working with elderly people would be an advantage, but is not necessary. We provide CARE FOR THOSE PEOPLE REQUIRING HIGH DEPENDENCY, NURSING AND PALLIATIVE CARE. Our focus is on providing the highest quality of service at all times. We are looking for someone who has a patient, kind and caring nature, has excellent communication skills and is enthusiastic about our values.
Ideally you will have experience of organising and leading teams as well as being a good team player, and have the ability to delegate effectively. You will need to be able to make decisions as a nurse in charge as there will be occasions where you will need to respond to emergencies on site where a registered nurse may be required.
What we are looking for
- Qualified as an RGN – to Part 1 of the Register as a minimum
- Registered with the NMC with a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and be willing to develop your skills and knowledge
- Dispensing and administering medication as prescribed, you will accurately maintain appropriate records in line with legislative guidelines and will carry out stock control (including ordering prescribed medication and medical products)
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor team members and deliver clinical guidance and training to others
- Computer literate using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and e-mails
- The ability to build good working relationships with people inside and outside of the business, including residents and their family members
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
- Promote our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
- Understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as Health and Safety, COSH and the Care Standards Act; as well as possessing sound knowledge in Infection Prevention and Control policies
The successful candidate would be working NIGHTS.
Successful candidates will take part in a 6 day induction programme when joining the company. Middleton Hall offers various training courses and programmes to be able to increase your knowledge in your role.
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is an Employee Owned Organisation and a Living Wage Employer. Successful candidates will be need to have a DBS check carried out as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is 26th April 2019.
We do not accept CV’s, we only accept applications from candidates made on our application forms, which you will find at www.middletonhallretirementvillage.co.uk