Middleton Hall is an award-winning retirement village, rated CQC Outstanding. Winner of Skills for Care Accolade award 2018 and has the prestigious Platinum award for Investors in People.
We are looking for a Healthy Living Advisor to work in our small team, the main objective of this role is to promote the ‘Healthy Living’ philosophy and co-ordinate a programme of activities to encourage our residents to lead fulfilling lives and remain physically and mentally active. The role will encompass all facets of Living Well with a particular focus on physical health, rehabilitation and fitness. Our small Spa has a Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi, Exercise Studio and other facilities, which include a Remedial Therapist, Spa Therapist and Hairdresser at present – we expect this will expand to include physiotherapy and other professional services, including introducing a GP Referral system in the very near future. The spa is used by residents, their families and friends, our own employees and members of the public who have joined the Spa (Membership Programme).
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour and who has a passion for Health & Fitness. The role is varied but will involve activities such as planning and arranging assisted swims, gym sessions and delivering exercise classes and 1-1 individual session, liaising with Care Service Managers and taking part in ‘Living Well’ events and promoting and ensuring Middleton Hall Retirement Village values are at the heart of what you do. You will also be required to work on spa reception and complete all required mandatory paperwork, both manually and electronically and ensure health & safety is at the forefront of everything you do.
- Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification
- Excellent Communication skills with a confident and outgoing personality
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative as well being a great team player
- It literate, a good working knowledge and use of Microsoft office and Outlook
- Knowledge of Health & Social Care
- Previous experience of working within a fitness environment
- Ability to carry out assisted swims
- Plant Room/Pool Experience and qualification
- Experience of carrying out pool tests and daily pool tasks
- Experience of working with older people and or with people who have disabilities
- Pool Rescue or lifeguard qualification
- First Aid at work
- GP Referral qualification
- Exercise to music and ability to carry out chair based activities
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is a Living Wage Employer, successful candidates will be need to have a DBS check carried out as part of the recruitment process and will take part in a 6 day induction programme when joining the company
We do not accept CV’s, we only accept applications from candidates made on our application forms. (When downloading your application form please make sure you save it to your device before completing, otherwise the form may not update in all areas.)
The role involves working 30 hours per week – inclusive of evening and weekend work, on a rota basis. The closing date for applications is 17th February 2019.