Middleton Hall is an award-winning retirement village, rated CQC Outstanding. Winner of Skills for Care Accolade award 2018 and has the prestigious Platinum award for Investors in People and employs over 180 people.
We have a vacancy for a maintenance person/Plumber, this will be a varied role split between around 70% general maintenance & 30% plumbing, testing and checks. You will be working in a close knit passionate, enthusiastic team so we are looking for someone who is a great team player as well as being able to work remotely on site. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working closely with our residents and dealing with third party companies.
Previous experience is required, therefore we are looking for a City & Guilds time served plumber who is either registered Gas Safe or willing to study to become registered Commercial Gas Safe, we will arrange the necessary training for you to obtain this qualification.
- Able to carry out regular maintenance tasks/checks around the building, including drains, servicing boilers, showers, radiators etc. and general maintenance tasks.
- Adhering to all health and safety aspects of Plumbing and Heating & maintenance work to make sure legislation is met
- Identifying and reporting all faults or potential issues and taking appropriate action to rectify
- Maintaining all Plumbing and Heating and carrying out required tests and checks to Gas safe level.
- Working with the maintenance team on all major projects
- Carrying out all statutory monitoring and recording within agreed time frames including water temperatures, legionella, PAT, fire alarm checks, emergency lighting, call system, number pad locks
- Pricing up jobs and ordering materials
- Keeping accurate records of all work carried out and ensuring all related paperwork is completed on time
Successful candidates will take part in a 6 day induction programme when joining the company. Middleton Hall offers various training courses and programmes to be able to increase your knowledge in your role.
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is a Living Wage Employer. Successful candidates will need to have a DBS check carried out as part of the recruitment process.
Do you feel you have the skills, values, personality and approach to be successful in this type of environment, if so you can apply by downloading an application form from our website.
The salary for this positionat the moment is £23500.00. An annual salary increase is due in April 2019.