Middleton Hall is an award-winning retirement village, rated CQC Outstanding. Winner of Skills for Care Accolade award 2018 and has the prestigious Platinum award for Investors in People.
We have a vacancy for a Maintenance person/Plumber; this will be a varied role split between around 70% general maintenance and 30% plumbing, testing and checks. You will be working in a close knit, passionate, enthusiastic team so we are looking for someone who is a great team player as well as being able to work remotely on site. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working closely with our residents and dealing with third party companies.
Previous experience is required, we are looking for a time served plumber who is registered Gas Safe, the successful candidate must be willing to study to become Registered Commercial Gas Safe, we will arrange the necessary training for you to obtain this qualification.
- Carrying out all regular tasks/checks around the building, including drains, boilers etc.
- Adhering to all health and safety aspects of Plumbing and Heating work and meeting all legislation
- Identifying and reporting all faults or potential issues
- Maintaining all Plumbing and Heating and carrying out required tests and checks to Gas safe level.
- Working with the maintenance team on all major projects
- Carrying out all statutory monitoring and recording within agreed time frames including water temperatures, legionella, PAT, fire alarm checks, emergency lighting, call system, number pad locks
- Taking appropriate action to rectify faults found
- Keeping accurate records of all work carried out
Successful candidates will take part in a 6 day induction programme when joining the company. Middleton Hall offers various training courses and programmes to be able to increase your knowledge in your role.
Previous applicants do not have to re-apply.
The salary for this position is £23,500.00.
the closing date for applications is 27th November 2018.
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is a Real Living Wage Employer. Successful candidates will need to have a DBS check carried out as part of the recruitment process.
Do you feel you have the skills, values, personality and approach to be successful in this type of environment, if so you can apply by downloading an application form from our website – please note we only accept applications made on our own Application Forms. www.middletonhallretirementvillage.co.uk