For those who like to join in with activities alongside other, like-minded people, there is a lot to try. Some activities are organised by staff members and others by residents themselves. We are open-minded and if there is a new idea, we try to support it whenever possible.Regular Sporting Activities (weekly if not stated)
- Bowling (from April to October approx.) on our bowling green
- Tai Chi, with an external tutor
- Aqua Exercise Sessions
- Table Tennis, led by residents
- Exercise sessions both in the Middleton Spa studio and at Middleton Grove, Middleton Court, Middleton Gardens and Middleton Oaks
- Walking Group (3-4 mile routes exploring the North East, led by residents. Monthly, from March to November)
- Singing Group (led by residents, a much-appreciated feature at many Middleton Hall events year-round)
- Knatty Knitters (led by residents. This prolific group has raised lots of money from sales of beautiful, imaginative items. Crocheters also welcome!)
- Photography Group (led by an external volunteer tutor. The group has exhibited a much-acclaimed series of exhibitions at Middleton Hall and elsewhere in the local region.)
- Various arts and crafts in Middleton Grove, Middleton Court, Middleton Gardens and Middleton Oaks
- Current Affairs Discussion Group
- Film Fridays
- Wildlife and Gardening Workshops (monthly)
(For more information about days and times, please see our What’s On PDF)
Lots of our residents enjoy getting out and about. Regular trips are arranged to ensure that they can enjoy all that the North East has to offer, as well as keep up to date with practical tasks such as shopping and attending appointments.
Middleton Hall has two cars and two mini buses. One of each is wheelchair friendly. There are three Middleton Hall drivers, who know the residents well and are happy to help them get around.
For residents in Middleton Grove, Middleton Court, Middleton Gardens and Middleton Oaks, there are weekly trips to regional places of interest, with at least a cup of tea or coffee and a cake at the final destination! Transport for these residents is also available for all doctor, hospital and dental appointments.
A varied schedule of shopping trips for different groups of residents is arranged to Darlington, Yarm, Northallerton, Teesside Park and Middlesbrough.