Head of People
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is owned by its employees, our Co-owners.
The Head of People role is an opportunity for an individual who truly understands that people are at the heart of everything that we aim to achieve.
- Ensure Middleton Hall Retirement Village is the regional employer of choice in our sector
- Promote Employee Ownership, together with our Vision and Values
- Further develop, embolden and deliver our People strategy.
- Continue to develop a strong People Team to provide a comprehensive service, ensuring that managers and Co-owners are equipped with knowledge and skills that deliver a quality performance and a highly engaged workforce culture
- Raise people’s management capability through coaching and the delivery of training to line managers on a range of HR related topics
- Development of HR systems, processes, policies and procedures to deliver a high quality People service
- Develop Co-owner review programmes to ensure development opportunities for all, including Future Leaders Programme, Apprenticeships and Graduate Training Programmes.
- Support and enable leaders and colleagues to deliver strong performance and excellent candidate experience, through proactive HR and onboarding.
- Build effective relationships to work in close partnership with all stakeholders
- Provide solution focussed advice
- Develop and encourage systems to ensure high levels of Co-owner engagement, communication
- Promote equality and diversity
- Work at both a strategic and operational levels
- Determine current and future staffing needs, planning and delivery of the recruitment process
- Review and develop job descriptions and person specifications
- Oversee processes for induction, onboarding, probation and the life-cycle of our Co-owners
- Manage and develop Co-owner wellbeing initiatives
- Supervise and support the payroll function
- Keep up to date with UK employment legislation
- Support the business through change management initiatives
Demonstrable qualities of the successful candidate :
- Leader and Strategic thinker
- Sound decision making
- Influential and inspirational
- Proactive and innovative
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Well organised
- Excellent IT skills
- Broad generalist skillset
Level 5 CIPD, studying toward, qualified by experience or equivalent.
Proven record of delivering a People Service that adds value.
Please include current salary and notice period on application.
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought. Please note that we do not accept CV’s.