We’re Recruiting for a Front of House Assistant
Do you have a real passion for hospitality and food & beverage, but maybe you’re looking to move away from late hours and bad working conditions? Are you looking for a steady and secure job in an industry you love? Do you strive to achieve top class customer satisfaction for people from all walks of life within the luxury/premium market? Do you love going the extra (100!) miles for your clients and do you have the personality to build a real relationship with regular customers?
We’re looking for consummate hospitality professionals to bring onboard their passion and enthusiasm…..
- This will start as a temporary position with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidate
- You’ll be working as a minimum 20 hours per week across a 7-day rota
- You’ll will flexible to work a combination of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
Who are we?
- An employee owned and multi award-winning Retirement Village set in the beautiful parkland and gardens of the Middleton Hall estate
- A group of like-minded individuals, sharing the same core values to support our residents to live their best life
What does being a Front of House Assistant involve?
- Meeting & greeting residents, their families/friends, fellow co-owners and any other visitors to Middleton Hall
- Working across our Orangery & Restaurant you will take & process orders, serve both food & drinks but also be keen to grow & develop within the role and with the company
- Directly involved in the bookings/set up of functions and events and of course assisting on the day
- Involved in stock control, contacting suppliers to place orders along with plenty other administrative tasks
- Operating a till system & PDQ machine
- General housekeeping – clearing tables, washing up & ensuring the highest standards of service at all times
Would I be right for the role?
- Are you patient, kind, caring & compassionate with proven and demonstrable customer relations experience, ideally from the hospitality or retail sector?
- A good communicator, keen to share new ideas with the rest of the team?
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills?
- Able and willing to take on additional responsibilities in the long term?
- Previous experience/affinity towards the front of house, hospitality and/or retail sector would be an advantage, along with being barista trained
- You will be flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought. Please note that we do not accept CV’s.