Exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef to come join us!
You’ll work with our amazing Kitchen team, preparing and producing first class cuisine for all of our residents, visitors and co-owners to enjoy
- Minimum 32 – 40 hours per week, across a 7day rota
- You will be flexible to work a combination of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
Who are we?
- An employee owned and multi award-winning Retirement Village set in the beautiful parkland and gardens of the Middleton Hall estate
- A group of like-minded individuals, sharing the same core values to support our residents to live their best life
What does being a Commis Chef involve?
- You will work as part of the kitchen team, alongside our Head Chef, Sous Chef & other Commis Chefs to prepare and produce food of the highest standard
- You will too work closely with Service Managers to ensure all resident needs are catered for
- You can be producing meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, pastries
- Directly involved in stock, storage & quality control – monitoring all produce levels
- As part of our kitchen team you will create and test new seasonal menus
- Opportunity to be involved in event & function planning
- Working closely with our Orangery & Front of House team
- Involved in strict housekeeping & cleaning duties
Would I be right for the role?
- Are you patient, kind, caring & compassionate with proven and demonstrable experience and knowledge of the catering industry?
- A good communicator, keen to share new ideas with the rest of the team?
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills?
- Organised, able and willing to take on additional responsibilities in the long term?
- You will be flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
Just some of the benefits you can expect to receive…
- Full induction programme and many training & development opportunities
- Co-owner profit share bonus
- Use of our Spa & fitness facilities
- Access to 100’s of retailer discounts and benefits via our internal “Sharing Success” platform
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.