We have a vacancy for a Chef de Partie
You will work as part of the wider Catering Team – preparing, cooking and presenting high quality cuisine to ensure a first-class, hotel style service is delivered across all areas of our business.
This is a permanent role, working 40 hours per week on a rota basis – with flexibility to work across a combination of morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
Who are we?
- Employee owned & multi award-winning Retirement Village set in the beautiful parkland and gardens of the Middleton Hall estate
- A group of like-minded individuals, sharing the same core values to support our residents to live their best life
What does being a Chef de Partie involve?
- Delivering a first-class service to Residents, Co-owners and visitors of Middleton Hall
- Preparing, cooking & presenting high quality, nourishing dishes within your speciality
- Working alongside the Head Chef & Sous Chef/s to develop menus and innovate new dishes
- Liaising with suppliers to plan and place orders
- Monitoring stock, storage & food provisions, reporting on portion/waste control and associated costs
- Supporting, training & coaching junior chefs
- Working in all areas of the kitchen to support others and meet deadlines
- Comply with all Food Hygiene & Health & Safety policies and regulations – adhering to HACCP – Food Safety, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Health, Storage
- Follow Safe Food Better Business (SFBB) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines
- Ensure compliance with daily & periodic cleaning schedules and temperature checks
- Support the Catering service to meet service KPI’s, objectives and training & development plans
- Hard work! But you will truly make a difference (and have lots of fun too) in such a rewarding environment
Would I be right for the role?
- Ideally you will possess a Professional Cookery L2 (or similar) qualification along with having plenty demonstrable experience within a similar role.
- Are you friendly, knowledgeable, patient, yet able to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment?
- A good communicator, keen to share new ideas with the rest of the team?
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills?
- Able and willing to take on additional responsibilities in the long term?
- Flexible and able to work in a challenging yet hugely rewarding environment?
Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.