Exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join us on a Bank/0 Hours Basis
- You’ll work in our amazing kitchen area, supporting the team in ensuring all of our residents, visitors and co-owners enjoy first class cuisine.
- You will be flexible to work a combination of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
Who are we?
- An employee owned and multi award-winning Retirement Village set in the beautiful parkland and gardens of the Middleton Hall estate
- A group of like-minded individuals, sharing the same core values to support our residents to live their best life
What does being a Kitchen Assistant involve?
- You will work as part of the kitchen team, supporting our Head Chef, Sous Chef & other Commis Chefs with basic food preparation
- Involved in strict housekeeping & cleaning duties
- Pot washing, loading/unloading of dishwashers and ensuring the team have all the necessary tools & equipment to hand
- Stock, storage & quality control
- Supporting event & function planning
- Working closely with our Orangery & Front of House team
Would I be right for the role?
- Are you patient, kind, caring & compassionate with proven and demonstrable experience and knowledge of the catering industry?
- A good communicator, keen to share new ideas with the rest of the team?
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills?
- Organised, able and willing to take on additional responsibilities in the long term?
- You will be flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
Please note – This is a Bank/Zero Hours contract.
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.