Do you love working in the great outdoors – all weathers?
Do you have a real passion for gardening and horticulture?
Will you strive to achieve the highest quality service?
Are you a real people person, looking for a new challenge in an industry that you love?
Do you have the skills and personality to build real relationships?
We’re recruiting now for a Gardener
To join our hardworking and established Estates team. This role is completely unique whereby you’ll combine your day-day horticulture skills, knowledge & experience, alongside providing a first-class service to all of our residents here at Middleton Hall.
Please read on if you feel you have the relevant values, personality and skill set for this exciting role…
Come join us in our vision “to be recognised as the best retirement village in the UK”.
This role will see you:
- Work independently and as a team, involved in the planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs & herbaceous plants, ground cover, bedding, glasshouse work, animal husbandry, hedge cutting, strimming, pruning and mowing.
- You may assist any volunteers and lead or support residents in horticultural based workshops and wildlife activities
- Operate garden equipment and/or machinery such as tractors, chainsaws and ride-on and pedestrian mowers
- Involved in hard landscaping projects such as paving/fencing work
You will have plenty of:
- Demonstrable subject knowledge of this sector either, through experience, skills, knowledge, qualifications you can offer.
- A Pesticide PA1/PA6 Certificate would be desirable
- Passion, enthusiasm & ideas to bring to this role
- “Can do attitude” – naturally self-motivated with excellent communication & team skills
You will also be:
- Patient, kind, caring & compassionate
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to learn and develop even more skills
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced but extremely rewarding environment
The role is permanent, working circa 40 hours per week, with flexibility towards weekends and overtime.
How do I apply?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents. We expect all co-owners and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.