MH7B – Wellbeing & Fitness Manager
We are looking for a unique individual to manage a small team and to promote and deliver our core value of Living Well at Middleton Hall Retirement Village. The role should encompass all facets of Living Well with a particular focus on physical health and fitness. Our Spa has a Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi, Exercise Studios and other facilities, which include a Remedial Therapist, Spa Therapist and Hairdresser at present – we expect this will expand to include physiotherapy and other professional services. The spa is used by residents, their families and friends, our own employees and members of the public who have joined the Spa (Membership Programme). We expect the role to develop rehabilitation programmes and work with the Medical Centre being built at present that will replace the current Doctor’s Surgery in Middleton St George.
As the Wellbeing & Fitness Manager, it will be your responsibility to ensure that our healthy Living services are developed and delivered across the site, ensuring that the needs of all of our clients are met. Key responsibilities will also include the management and ongoing development of the GP Referral and Rehabilitation scheme; you will take full ownership of the scheme to deliver a first-class service that exceeds customer expectations.
We are looking for a person who is self-motivated and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour and who has a passion for Health & Fitness. Knowledge of exercise for the over 50’s would be beneficial. The position will involve working with referred individuals who have a range of different medical conditions and your role will be to design, instruct and review personalised exercise & nutrition programmes as well at managing and leading the small team in the Spa and overseeing external partners. The requirements for the role are:-
- At least 2 years Management experience, including coaching and mentoring
- Qualified to at least REPS Level 2
- Excellent knowledge of nutrition and weight management programmes
- Flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
- Computer literate including proficiency in Office 365 & Microsoft office
- Previous experience of GP Referrals, assessing clients, nutrition and rehabilitation programmes
- Sound knowledge of budget management and business acumen
- Experience of compiling Risk Assessments
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with multi agency and external partners
- Track record of motivating people in health and fitness
- Plant Room/Pool Experience
- Experience of working with older people
- Qualified to REPS level 3
- Pool Rescue or lifeguard qualification
- First Aid at work
You must be willing to learn and develop yourself and provide structure to the team and support them in their development, as well as ensuring all Health & Safety requirements are met along with CQC legislative requirement and local government quality standards.
You will be involved in planning and hosting a range of exercise classes on a 1-1 basis and group work sessions, participating in assisted swims, liaising with Care Service Managers and taking part in “living well” events. In addition to this you will be responsible for scheduling rotas and ensuring mandatory paperwork is completed correctly and promoting and ensuring Middleton Hall Retirement Village values are at the heart of what you do.
The role involves working 40 hours per week – inclusive of evening and weekend work on a rota basis.
The closing date for applications is 14th August 2017.
To apply for a role within Middleton Hall Retirement Village, please download and complete an application form found online at www.middletonhallretirementvillage.co.uk
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is part of the Living Wage Foundation.