MH7B – Leisure / Spa Supervisor x 40 hrs per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to manage our Spa Team at Middleton Hall Retirement Village. Our Spa area has a Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi, Exercise Studios and other facilities which include a Remedial Therapist, Spa Therapist and Hairdresser. The spa is used by residents, their families, friends, our employees and members of the public who have joined the Spa Membership Programme.
We are looking for someone who has the right attitude and drive to lead a small team and who demonstrates initiative and proactivity within the role, our requirements are:-
- Management experience
- Minimum Level 2 certificate in Personal Training
- Outgoing, caring and friendly personality
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day period
- Computer literate
- Ability to arrange events and deliver classes
- Good level of swimming
- Experience of assessing clients and recommending programmes
- Plant Room/Pool Experience
- Some marketing/sales experience to help achieve membership targets
- Experience of working with older people
- Lifesaving skills qualification
- Previous experience of GP Referrals and rehabilitation programmes
- Experience of Nutrition plans
There will be scope for the successful candidate to be creative and self-manage their own area. Key to this is for someone who promotes our Living Well Philosophy to our clients, ensuring all client needs are met with care and compassion. You must be willing to learn and provide structure to the team and support them in their development, as well as ensuring all Health & Safety requirements are met along with CQC and local government quality standards.
Typically you will be involved in planning & hosting a range of exercise classes, either on a 1-1 basis or in a group session, participating in assisted swims, liaising with Care Service Managers, taking part in “living well” events. In addition this you will be responsible for scheduling rotas and completing mandatory paperwork both manually & electronically and promoting and ensuring Middleton Hall Retirement Village values are at the heart of what you do.
You will need to be a confident communicator, a team player, highly organised and passionate within your professional field – whilst also adding “FUN” to the role.
The role involves working 40 hours per week – inclusive of evening and weekend work, worked on a rota basis.
Middleton Hall Retirement Village is a living wage employer.