Gardening and Wildlife Workshop Programme 2016
As reliable as any perennial in the gardening world, our Gardening Workshop Programme sprang into life with a session of pricking out seedlings. On a rainy day, the sunshine magically came out at the perfect time and residents spent a very happy, sunny afternoon in the greenhouse.
Some residents were without a doubt expert at dibbing and could teach our gardening team a thing or two. Others enjoyed the opportunity to try something new. One resident had grown flowers but not vegetables. There were plenty of seedlings to choose from – beans, beetroot, leeks, broccoli, peas, carrots, courgettes ….. we can hardly wait for summertime when these luscious vegetables will flourish in the allotments.
The Programme this year includes a true variety of topics, including many informative wildlife sessions:-
- 5th May ‘Wings of the Tees’ bird box talk by visiting speaker Colin Gibson
- 2nd June Walk to identify bird calls
- 7th July Visit by Kirkleatham Owl Centre
- 4th August Bird box making with Colin Gibson
- 1st September Butterflies and moths
- 6th October Wildlife walk
- 3rd November Wildlife workshop including bird feed and fat balls
- 1st December Christmas wreaths workshop
- 5th January 2017 Bird watching
- 2nd February Constructing a bug hotel
- 2nd March Metal detecting – Hidden Treasures
The sessions will tempt us into getting to know our beautiful grounds and the wildlife living amongst them. Please phone 01325 332207 if you would like more information.